Here are ten steps to boosting your corporate innovation efforts:
1. Know What Innovation Means
2. Innovation Is a Group Thing
3. Define Your Innovation Goals
4. Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is
5. Work on Your Innovation Culture
6. Establish Diverse Teams
7. Collaborative Tools
8. Make Mistakes
10. Evaluate and Improve
Link to the full article:
10 Steps to Boost Corporate Innovation by Jeffrey Baumgarten
After all, you know Gen Y loves the attention of being managed closely. You know Gen Y wants great mentoring. But the way to stand out in a crowd of employers is to understand Gen Y in a way they don’t yet understand themselves. Then you can add the kind of value that makes these young employees stay.
Here are things you need to know in order to do that:
1. They’re fundamentally conservative
2. They are slow moving
3. They are not entrepreneurs
4. Appearences matter more to them than what’s real.
5. They are followers
6. They need to feel special
Anyway, all generations have strengths and weaknesses. And just because Gen Y’s weakness is that they complain about being grouped as Gen Y, the bottom line is that they want personal attention from management so they can have more personal insight about themselves. This is a fair thing to want from work, and from life. In fact, if there is anything we can learn from Gen Y it is that everyone, no matter how old, should want this from their work life.